Bamboo hedging in your garden adds extra atmosphere. It is a very winter hardy plant and its light foliage stays green for a long time. Also it waves nicely up and down in the wind, which makes a very soothing sound.
If you are looking for privacy, a bamboo hedge is your go to. Privacy is guaranteed by the rapid growth of the hardy bamboo. The plants stay in place very well and because the do not form offshoots under the ground, they are not a threat to paving, foil ponds of the garden of your neighbors. This is one of the reasons why bamboo makes a great hedge.
But why should you choose a bamboo hedge?
- First of all, it is a very beautiful plant.
- It grows very quickly, so you van enjoy your privacy in no time.
- The plant is very easy to prune. It is not necessary to prune it, but if you do it is only once or twice a year.
- The bamboo is winter hard, therefore the can withstand cold up to -25 degrees celsius.
- It is a strong plant and therefore it wil remain there a long time.
- It fits everywhere. In your garden or in your house. Basically any atmosphere.
- It makes a very nice sound when the leaves flutter in the wind and it is a very calm sight.