The bamboo Fargesia Rufa is a medium sized bamboo hedge plant and it is a very popular plant for a very good reason. It looks absolutely stunning with its bushy appearance and fresh green leaves. It is a non invasive species, which means it will grow in place and will not have roots growing throughout your garden and underneath your paving slabs.
And yet, it is very easy to take care of and maintain. This bamboo species is also known as the fountain bamboo because of its tendency to grow in a fountain-like shape.
This plant is originally from China and it was first introduced to Europe in the early 20th century. It has become very popular in recent years because it is such a low maintenance plant. The only thing you really need to do to take care of this plant is to water it regularly and fertilize it every now and then. Other than that, you can just sit back and enjoy its beauty.
Why choose the Fargesia Rufa?
- The Fargesia Rufa is a real asset, because of its bushy appearance and soothing sound of the leaves.
- The bamboo plant is winter hard, resisting against temperatures of -25 degrees celsius.
- It is a very strong plant you can enjoy for life.
- You can plant it anywhere, in every garden, home and it can grow as hedges or as a solitary plant.
- It is a fast growing plant. It forms a thick edge, so you can enjoy privacy
Pro tip: The bamboo plant prefers standing in soil that is damp, but not too wet. Give the bamboo plenty of water at certain times instead of watering it every day.